I had started the Li'l Devil Pants by Marcy Neth (Published in Stitch 'N Bitch Nation). They looked cute, basically just plain red pants with a little devil tail. Seemed like a great x-mas gift for the now 5-month old niece. I had gotten all of maybe 2 inches into the first leg and just couldn't bear it anymore. I just had to frog it. Its fingering weight yarn (for you non-knitters, that's on the thin side) and 3.0mm needles (size 2.5). And its alllllll stockinette. I was losing my mind from the boredom, and it would take forever to finish these things that Evelyn would only be able to wear for a few months at most.
Yeah, that's not gonna fly. So its been ripped, yarn re-wound. I'll find a use for the yarn, but the 2nd skein will be exchanged, hopefully for the yarn that'll be the new holiday present for the niece.
On the up side, the swirly socks seem to be going well. They're less boring, but are simple enough to be just a 'zone out and knit' project. I think its the color changes and double-point needles that keep socks more interesting for me. Though I have been known to frog socks that were too dull as well.
In jewelry news, I have the base for a leaf pendant cut out & filed. I'm hoping to at least hammer in some veins and maybe, just maybe, get to solder on the stem. The kicker is I'd like to do this all before Saturday morning so I can take it to my jewelry class. It might not happen, but that's okay. then I have something to start on :)

No comments:
Post a Comment