I've reached an interesting point in my knitting.
wait, lemme back track this:
I'm a big stickler for finishing things. I hate to leave projects unfinished. Even if I'm sick of it by the end, I want it done so I can be completely over and done with something and not having it lingering about in its semi-done state.
So I started doing that mystery shawl lace knit-along. And its awesome. Its nice to have others knitting along with you, its neat to see the other combinations and shawls that are being created in all the various colors. But damn if lace isn't the most anti-social knitting. Its not hard, you just have to pay attention. So for a lot of it you can't really talk, you can't really listen, you just have to focus on the knitting itself. Which means I can't bring it along to knitting nights since, well, I'd be pretty boring and would probably make oodles of mistakes by being distracted. And that also means I have to have at least one other "portable" project going so I can take it to knitting nights. To have more than one project going at a time is just crazy for me.
And this is my interesting point that I've reached. I'm so close to being finished with the shawl. I'm on the last major clue and then its the edging. I want to be done. I'm so excited to block it and see what it *really* looks like. I want to make other shawls in other colors. Lace is fun, dispite being anti-social. I like the challenge of it and how delicate & pretty it is.
I'm running out of portable projects that need to be finished. I don't want to start new ones--I just want to finish the lace! It's driving me nuts to start something else when I have something already on the needles. argh!
Hopefully soon, soon I will be done. This week won't be a big knitting week because of preparations for company and the birthday party this weekend. But next week? oh, how I hope next week can be a crazy lace-filled week and I can move on!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Two words: Stockinette socks. If you won't wear them, though, you can always work on some of mine! ;)
Post a Comment