I do have good reason--life just got in the way. I was so busy with school, and vacation, and summer school, and all the rest of life's craziness that I just didn't blog. whoops.
But I was crafty! :)
Lets see...
I finished Valerie's bag but never submitted it to Knitty. I lost track of time & missed the deadline. part of me thinks I should just publish it myself here (and I just might) or to at least try and send it there. I'll have to ponder it some more.
The 2nd pair of socks from the SKP2008 was posted May 1, and by May 7 I had a lovely pair of Berlin Muster socks!

Yarn is Micro Bamboo in Aqua, which was a joy to work with. The Berlin Muster pattern was nice. It was a little bit frustrating at first since the English translation of it (and the chart!) was wrong and it took some figuring out and help to get it right. Luckily, since its a world-wide knit-along there was lots of help and everything was figured out. I'm really looking forward to the next pattern--just 4 more days! squee!
I also made my 2nd hat for my nephew, a Little Devil Hat. Super quick knit, easy pattern, can be made with scrap yarn. I can't wait to see little Oskar in it!! :)

I've been on a big "make for Oskar" kick lately (and probably will be for a while. baby things are so cute, soft, and fast to make!!) so I also made him a "cuddle blanket." Its too small to be a real blanket, but is a great size to carry around and just cuddle with.

The yarn is Plymouth Oh My! and OMG is it soft. I will *definitely* be getting more of this to make more baby things with. The yarn was originally purchased while on vacation so I'll be doing some internet searching to get some more. mmmm... so squishy soft. Fantastic!
Oskar is also getting a Fishie Washcloth and another spiral scrubby.


Finally, I made a Baby Bear Hoodie. I think it turned out well, but I'm very disappointed in the pattern. First, I had to use nearly 1.5 skeins of yarn *more* than the amount listed, and I had to go down 2 needle sizes to get the gauge right, which hurt my hands a ton. This was a royal pain in the butt. The yarn is kind of neat, but I don't forsee doing much with it in the future (I do have enough to make another jacket in black, so I just might. but not for a while.)

On the needles now: nearly finished with a diaper cover, working on a hooded baby blanket, and some yoga socks. Also participating in a mystery shawl lace project, where each "clue" is posted every week. So far 2 clues posted and I think I'm doing okay. Lace isn't as hard as it was made out to be. Or maybe this isn't a super advanced pattern. Or maybe I just rule so much now that this isn't a challenge ;)
Clue 3 goes up tomorrow! I'm enjoying this lace stuff--I really want to do more!Now that classes are over I'm psyched to do some origami and hopefully get started with the jewelry making I wanted to do for months now.

No comments:
Post a Comment