
(more photos here)
overall, I think they turned out well. The hearts get a little stretched out when worn, but they're so soft and comfortable I don't care. I will definitely be buying more of this yarn, but only for special projects. Its a little bit more than I like to spend. Thanks to Dean for getting these two skeins for me :)
Now I'm going to focus hard-core on the scarf I started for Bonnie back in December but have been putting off. Its really simple (just a stockinette stitch with a 2-color image on either end) but for some reason I just don't like doing it. I think its partly because its kind of boring just to knit, purl, knit, purl over & over again with no variety. Also, I made it double-wide so when its finished it will be folded in half and sewn together to keep the strings of the colors on the inside and its just wide enough that it makes it difficult for me to hold. I'd like to have it done by the end of the month. Here's hoping.
I've been invited to a special Ravelry group: The Sock Knitting Pentathlon. I'm very excited and flattered that I was asked to join. The basic idea: Every 2 months a new pattern will be posted. 2 weeks notice will be given to find appropriate yarn, needles, gauge, etc. Then the pattern is sent out and everyone goes nuts! Technically it is a race and the first one finished "wins" but it seems most people are treating this as a global knit-along and that suits me just fine. :) I'm excited to be trying these new patterns (all are intermediate to advanced) and to have a big group of people to talk to about it. The first sock begins on March 1! Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment